FAQ: What happens if a Residential tenant doesn't pay?

If a Tenant does not pay the rent owing by the fifth of the month we may issue an N4 form
to the Tenant. This is a notice to terminate tenancy for non-payment of rent, otherwise
known as an eviction notice.

Usually, the delinquent Tenant will pay before the time indicated in the N4 expires.

If the Tenant does not pay, we will file with the Landlord and Tenant Board and seek an eviction.

On behalf of the Property Owner, We will hire a Paralegal to handle the file at the Tribunal.

We will assist the Paralegal throughout this process and may attend the hearing as well.